Thursday, August 2, 2018

Bandless-Babe

PICTURE CAPTION:  At least when I'm fat, I have boobs. 

This is Hawaii exactly two years ago.  I was 30 lbs heavier than I am now.  I REALLY wanted to lose weight for this trip because we booked a helicopter ride over the volcano, and I was SUPER worried about having to weigh before getting on.  I was so used to being thinner and this was the first time I could sometimes feel the weight again.  It was either this trip or surgery... I'm glad I took the trip.

Anyway, clearly... the band and I failed each other.  Sooooo... I'm now the bandless-babe.  Almost seven weeks ago (June 16, 2018) I had my lapband removed (hooray!) and converted to a duodenal switch (hooray, I think!).  Blogging after my lapband helped me through a major transition period in my life, and I think this is another massive transition time for me.  I'm here again, not sure what to make of a lot of things, and maybe this will help as I transition to the band-less (and soon to be boob-less) babe.

4 comments: