Friday, July 1, 2011

Negotiations... ?!?

The job offer salary is almost double what I'm making. The woman extending the offer asked if I was ok with the numbers... so, I countered- because it seemed like that was what she was asking me to do. If they meet my counter at all, I will be shocked- the original offer was more than I even dreamed of, however I didn't want them to think I was a push over. Anyway, I guess these are the games we play...

THANK YOU BAND FOR HELPING ME REACH MY GOALS. I knew my band would pay for itself. Women can't afford to not take care of themselves- this surgery for me will be a huge return on investment. In retrospect, I couldn't afford to NOT do this. Living life feels better than eating and all that other shit. I'm so happy to be at this point in my life. Happy!

8 comments:

  1. congratulations! You are going to rock this job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, I'm really happy for you! I think that you need to buy yourself a treat with some of your first salary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lara I am so happy for you!! You are truly an inspiration. Have I mentioned I want to be you? I need to get to Utah and see you before you get too busy with your new job. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You deserve it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, that is so exciting! And double the salary?!? Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is extremely exciting! good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you and the new job...Way to go and how awesome is that for a much higher salary! Woo-Hoo!

    ReplyDelete