Something About Kellie... (http://somethingaboutkellie.blogspot.com/) and Justawallflower (http://justawallflower83.blogspot.com/) were so sweet to nominate me for this award. I didn't want either one to think the gesture had gone unrecognized or unappreciated by me. That isn't the case at all. I think it's just been awhile, and I'm old and rusty. Sorry to be late... I'll try to play by the rules from here on out:
Seven things you may not know (or may not want to know!) about me-
1) The official answer to "do you play the piano?" is a resounding NO. However, I studied for many years, and I enjoy playing as an outlet. My parents bought me a piano for my birthday last week, and my husband and children are ready to kill me, but it has been such a stress reliever to play again. One thing those years of study ingrained in me is when I don't get something right, keep doing it. Over and over again, then sllightly different, and then over again- until it is perfect. It's helped me in every aspect of my life.
2) My husband and I are fluent in French and speak to each other frequently en Francais. Well, him mostly. When I'm not worried about sounding like an idiot, I will speak. I can read and understand almost everything, though. We want to run away to the South of France, and we have plans to do just that.
3) I am agnostic. I have difficulty with religion in general. However, I do believe in spirituality and in the power of goodness.
4) In college, I was at the top of my graduating class, and also the class president the year we graduated. I was voted "most likely to stop for a diet coke on the way to a code". (I've upgraded to diet pepsi...)
5) I hated nursing school (although I kept that knowledge to myself), and when I grduated I initially didn't even look for a RN position , but instead I tooka job at Ann Taylor. I couldn't afford to keep that job ( I spent more than I made), so ended up conceding and getting a real nursing job after a few months. My nursing career has been fabulous since. There are so many different things to do within the field, and it's allowed me to help make a comfortable life for family.
6) I was a party girl during high school, and still have a wild side. However, the one thing I would never do is cheat on my spouse. I've been cheated on, and really think it's lame. If you are going to do something, have the decency to be honest with everyone. I think it's really bad karma.
7) It takes me forever to get ready in the morning- I get up two hours before we leave. I don't know what takes that long (and some of it is helping my six year old get ready), but I seem to have only one speed in the early morning... "slow". Or it's my OCD, which is probably the real reason. On weekends, I refuse to do the whole make-up and hair routine. I love doing girly stuff, but sometimes it's just exhausting...
Check out these blogs (these are in order of who last commented on my blog... reciprocity is important to me)-
IF YOU ARE READING THIS... I NOMINATE YOU FOR THE STYLISH BLOGGER AWARD!