Saturday, August 28, 2010

Beach & Moon (Again)

Long story about a Swiss friend of my husbands, but we don't "bitch & moan", we "beach & moon". Please bypass down to the next paragraph if you'd prefer to directly move on to band related stuff. Here goes. I love it/hate it, but I am putting in 50-60 hour weeks, which I haven't done since I stopped taking call last summer. The reason I'm working so much is because I'm learning every step of the way in my new job. That's beneficial to me, but so frustrating because I'm used to knowing what I know and doing it well. My first two weeks, I participated in an ongoing project and then had a small project of my own that utilized the skills that I brought with me. Both of these initial projects were only hospital wide. Now, I've been given a system wide project that would be huge for someone who has experience. I'm the kind of person who will not act like I know something when I don't, and will also be tenacious at following through on an assignment. Hence, I'm working until 10:30 or 11:00 at night. Unfortunately, I am not super woman, so I can't have that kind of stamina in all areas of my life. So, I've not been involved in parts of my world that are also important. It's a necessary evil for now, but I thought it might feel good to beach and moon about it in writing. The guilt part of this is another thing, and as you can tell from my last several posts, I'm trying hard to just drop it.

One stress that I am grateful every.single.day to have gone is my weight and overeating issues. THANK YOU BAND. This is where I gloat, you all know how this is going to go. Blah, blah, blah... I can eat anything I want, and still lose weight. Hate me now. I'm expecting to see the 160's any second now, because I'm barely eating, and the amount of walking I do during the day has increased. I'm running all over a hospital campus every day, and at night I'm running errands for a couple of hours until I get into bed with my laptop and work for two or three more hours. I wake up running (figuratively). Being thin equals more movement and more movement equals being thin. I shopped in the junior's section this week. I BOUGHT from the jr's section this week. Thought I'd just throw that in there.

Part of my concious effort to drop the stress, is getting focused on the trip to Chicago. I'm typing and then backspacing all this analytic bullshit about what this will mean for me, realizing what I really need to do is get back to the word I chose for the year... was it spontaneous? I think it was. Hmmmm...

This B & M session is now completed. Thank you for your participation!

4 comments:

  1. Jr's section! Wow! I am so happy for you and your success thus far, you are a true inspiration! Good luck on the 160's, can't wait! Everyone needs to have a B&M session, don't feel bad. That is one of the great things about our blogs! It sounds like you have a lot on your plate, but it will all pay off in the end. I think you are approaching this new role correctly, learn everything you can so you can feel as confident as you did in the past. Good luck with the projects, you will do great! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to hearing you beaching and mooning in person! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juniors?! Can eat whatever you want?! Okay, I'm sorry, but I'm too freaking jealous to read your blog anymore. SIKE! No way, I'd miss you too much. I wish I was challenged at work, but sounds like you've got a little bit too much going on. Balance is such a hard thing to find, isn't it? Make sure you take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete