Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jack talk Thai?

Wellllllll, my restriction let up... tonight, just in time to go out for Thai food with my siblings and their spouses. Geez, I kept up with everyone. No problem. What's with this silly band? Maybe it was just the whole that was burned into my stomach from the heat/spice that was letting all the food through. Yum, completely worth every burning mouthful.

Where did this weekend go? Another snow storm coming in tomorrow. I'm trying to be a good Mimi by taking my two grandsons and my six year old to get pictures with Santa tomorrow. This Thanksgiving has been everything I wanted- good company, food, wine, movies, games. My son has become a wonderful adult. I'm proud of the mothering skills my daughter has. The "issues" have been at a minimum. Basically, I'm trying to better understand my daughter in law to be. And, my son is giving me a hard time about taking Ambien. The side effects can be funny, but also dangerous.

If I didn't have my Fibromyalgia, I would consider stopping. But no sleep equals lots of pain, and I don't want my life to come to a grinding halt. I tell my family every night when I've taken my medicine, I go to bed directly (I obviously get out sometimes, hence why I notify everyone), and I only take the prescribed amount. I appreciate his concern, but he's clueless about this disease. Actually, I heard his fiance trying to explain it to him, which was a good thing, because I've been struggling a little bit during this visit. Overhearing her standing up for me was very much appreciated.

The fantasy weekend is almost over (tear rolls down my cheek). And I'm going to have to jump back into my project on Monday (another tear rolls down my cheek). I wish I didn't have so much glittery eyeshadow on right now...

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your T-day was fun!

    I have always wondered about taking ambien for my insomnia, interesting to hear your take on it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are just doing the best you can do - this is the first time since I've started reading your blog that you seem to be struggling a little. I really hope it all sorts and life gets back on an even keep again. You are my hero xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An even 'Keel' oops lol sorry. Can't type properly - spazzy fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father has fibromyalgia, and I know its not a fun thing to go through when it is not managed! I am so glad you have enjoyed the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm happy you had such a great holdiay with your family! My husband took Ambien for years and still didn't sleep well. After my insisting that he go to a sleep doctor and he did a sleep study, he no longer takes Ambien because he has a form of Restless Leg Syndrome. The study showed he moved his legs over 600 times a night! hello, I could have told them that! Anyway, he now takes some kind of muscle relaxer and we both sleep all night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate that anything hurts you so I don't begrudge you anything that brings relief from whatever hurts you. I too, am sad this weekend is over....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy thanksgiving dear, glad you had a wonderful holiday. I think you have a great attitude about your meds -you need to take care of yourself to be the best mama and mimi you can! xox

    ReplyDelete