Sunday, June 27, 2010

*~* It's Time *~*

We're leaving for the hospital... it's Sunday evening. Christian's birthday is today, and everyone was secretly wondering if the Aiden might be born on his dad's birthday. My son was born one day before my husband's b-day, and they think it's fun now to plan their birthdays together. They already have this years b-day weekend all worked out. Maybe my daughter's son and his dad will have the same kind of bond.

We did a "Crappy Birthday" barbeque at our house this afternoon for my daughter's boyfriend. His parents are out of town, and we were happy to spend the day with him (ok, felt bad for him, maybe not really "happy"). However, we knew Maddie was in labor, so the rest of us slept all afternoon. Now I've got to get in the shower. This reminds me of having to work nights as a nurse, so I'm good at this with a little advanced warning. It's all working out beautifully.

My band is tight, and all I've managed to eat today is "spicy baked beans with bacon" (my favorite secret recipe). They are mushy enough for me to be able to swallow even with my band being persnickety. But, now... oh no... maybe I should try to find some bean-o or gas x on my way to the hospital because this might not end well. Well, for ME. It's certainly going to end well for my darling Maddie and sweet Aiden. (Oh, and Christian, too.) WE'RE SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye! Pictures later... give me a day or two. Love you!

6 comments:

  1. So excited for you. Thanks for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHHH!!! So exciting! All the best to you, your daughter and your new little angel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! I cannot wait to see pics of you holding him, Nana Band-Babe!


    So excited for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA! I'm so excited for you all! Post pics when you can - I know you'll be the hottest Grandma out there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!! Good luck!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it! <3

    ReplyDelete