Monday, May 3, 2010

DANGER! ALERT! ALERT!

I am so happy to be back at work. As much as I love having time off... it's dangerous to my health. Specifically, my weight! I have made it clear that I'm not dieting? But, I may not have made it clear that I'm not stupid (well, most of the time). Lots of time at home + a variety of chips and sweets in the pantry = unnecessary temptation. I discovered myself foraging for foods that had been staples in my pantry, that until this prolonged time at home, had absolutely no effect on me. I did fine calorie wise, not enough to gain, but definitely not enough to lose. And, I found myself falling into old and concerning snackiness. Watching television and eating snacks is a weighty combination. Today, my schedule and way of life are back to normal. I'm a good little eater when I'm at work! There's little temptation to make poor or excessive choices. When I get home tonight, I will be too busy to watch tv and eat junk. Just in case, I disposed of any and all foods that might call to me in a snacky way. I think that you can take the fat off of the girl, but she's still a fat girl. This is something I am going to have to watch for the rest of my life. I'm grateful for the help of my band, but I'm still me. A much improved version of me... physcially. And, mentally... I'm also much better. I'm recognizing more, and trying to be honest about what I'm doing in order to get a realistic grip on this weight issue for the rest of my life. I'm really happy to have this sense of control physically and emotionally. I AM doing this!

9 comments:

  1. So glad that you are feeling good about being back at work. I just caught up on your last several posts and wanted to thank you for posting about your surgery, including all of the photos. Wow. That looked so painful, but I'm sure the results will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new pics! It really did look painful, but your attitude is great. I know you are going to love it when its all done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're doing better. Sometimes the pantry won't leave me alone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - I do much better when I work & follow a routine. I'm glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw your SOB comment -- of course you can wait until you are ready to be an official Superstar! Hopefully we will keep it going as long as we can....No pressure at all....but you really are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stop scaring me with titles like that you turd. Glad you're getting back to your routine! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree you are a Superstar! Can I just say, though, that I am glad not to have to look at all the nasty pics on the left? They are down further now. I hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you have changed because this time you stopped. Glad you are ok and back at work

    ReplyDelete