Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sigh of relief!

Ahh. The scale said 179 this morning. I was peeing like a race horse all day yesterday, so I was hoping that all the diurising would show on the scale today. My weight still isn't where I think it should be, but it's headed in the right direction. Even though I KNOW what is and isn't reasonable, I'm still always holding out on the dramatic weight loss numbers. Blogging has opened my eyes to my impatience. Since I've started posting in the beginning of January, I'm down less than twenty pounds (technically more, but you already know how I feel about that). Slow is good. Slow is the right way to lose weight. It's silly for bandsters to even want anything different. Of course there's always a surge of major weight loss somewhere in the beginning of our band life, and it's intoxicating. But, not realistic. And not indicative of permanent weight loss.

Drains should come out in just a few hours. One step closer to sexy hotness. Or non-deformity, anyway! Hooray. I thought I'd be so crazy happy about shopping at this point. I actually feel the exact same. I look VERY different, that's for sure. But, I FEEL the same. I'm thinking that's actually a good thing.

Spontaneous:
Dunno. Just trying to get back to my regular format. That sounds unspontaneous, but I like my old format, it's helpful to me.

Food:
Zone bar, cottage cheese, vanilla yogurt... 400 calories, 40 grams of protein. That's pretty good! And, Mr. W and I are going to go to lunch today. He has to go with me to my appointment because he's my dressing guy. My professional background leaves me meticulous about preventing post op infections. He's my right hand guy in that pursuit. Literally. And his reward? Lunch out with me! Wow, how worth it is THAT? I'll ask him...

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are getting much better. I'm glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaayyy!! I'm glad the swelling is going down some and you are getting rid of that water weight.
    Slow and steady is driving me crazy. I SO wanted to be down 100 lbs. before my 1 year date. Not happening...not even close. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that old saying.. slow and steady wins the race..you are doing the right thing.. no question there.. Glad to see you are returning to normal..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippee - drains out! That'll make you feel one huge step closer to the end of your journey! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are sounding more and more like yourself! I bet getting those drains out will feel great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things are starting to happen huh! Fantastic. You are the champ of all champs with the way you've come through all of this. Stoked for you xx

    ReplyDelete