Friday, March 26, 2010

Damn It

I forgot to weigh myself this morning. I haven't eaten in a couple of days... surely a loss would ensue? Probably not. And, we've decided to make it a long weekend which means... food. I'm realizing what an intrical part of my life food really is. Whoever says it's just about fuel for the body... is kidding themselves. Eating is equally as social and emotional as anything else. It is a complex human need. All the more reason to figure out how to enjoy it appropriately. Since I need it to live... I really have no other choice but to figure this out... and I'm getting there...

The past couple of days went well. I'm actually more exhausted today. It's difficult for me to talk about some things. I wasn't kidding when I mentioned that I've never talked about my weight loss to anyone, and how blogging about it is such a huge step for me. So, if I seem vague about being sick... it's because I'm deeply introverted about some things... especially things that make me vulnerable. Being sick would be at the top of that list. The only person I've talked with about this is my husband. Not even my family or friends. My sister knows now (a little bit) because we needed help picking up my son yesterday, so I had to tell her why. Everything looks really good, and I think just one more test.

Spontaneous:
I have a confession. I have a huge crush on Anthony Bourdain. Just watched him in Tuscany... food was amazing, and I do love a bad boy.

Food:
Mr. Wonderful started shopping at 6am today for food for our long weekend. I don't know what we DON'T have in the house. So far, I've just had nibbles... and it's all been good. I think tasting is the way for me to go. Who said "taste everything, eat nothing"? Can't remember... but I like that philosophy. Have a delicious weekend everyone!

4 comments:

  1. You blog and talk about what you can....what you do and don't share isn't wrong or right. You're one step ahead of me....I'm still anonymous! I love your blog - just like it is with whatever you share. Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I secretly love Anthony Bourdain too!! Shhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I love Anthony Bourdain too..hahaha!

    You just won an award, check out my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete