Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Diet Pepsi makes me fat

First, I'd like to give a big hello to my new friend- 185.4! I'm back to losing! And, I can't help but to notice that when I'm drinking lots of diet soda, my weight loss s.l.o.w.s noticibly. I'd think it coincidental, but it's happened several times, and at this point I would consider it predictable. It's not artifical sweetener, because I'm still drinking lots of that... so maybe it's the increased water? Maybe diet soda does make me want real sweets, but I always thought that was because of the artifical sweetener. I don't know. I don't care as long as I'm losing. Eight more pounds until I make an appointment with my surgeon...

Spontaneous:
I actually took a lunch yesterday... went out with my husband AND his boss AND a colleague of his. It was my first time spending time with them, so I had to be extremely sociable. I can do it, and sometimes I can do it well, but I don't always enjoy it. And with the huge things I'm doing at my own work, it was difficult to switch gears, but probably really good for me to do it. Oh, and I ordered mint chocolate chip ice cream pie for lunch. Yup. I did. I only ate about 1/3 of it... but it was my big chance since there were no kids around. FUN. The whole thing was fun, I really like my husband's new boss, and the group he works with is fantabulous.

Food:
Oatmeal (again with fruit and nuts), Fage greek yogurt w/ honey, the Thai chicken and noodles (that I didn't get to yesterday), and some popcorn. Seven hundred calories planned during the day today. Yesterday, I think my calorie total didn't even get to 1200. I over estimated the pie just to be safe. I'm not hungry for breakfast yet, and it's after 9 am. Not sure what's going on... but I like it.

4 comments:

  1. You know, I kinda noticed this with me as well but I think I was just making it up (I have lots of Amy theories on weight loss and nonweight loss ya know). While I havent had sunkist this year, I did discover diet sunkist doesnt taste as horrible as I thought, and boy I was up to 3 cans a day sometimes! I stopped last week and my weight started moving again. For sure I drink less water when I am on the "juice" and I also like to eat with my pop...

    interesting...hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same thing happens to me! Luckily I've found that I don't miss it anymore. I never thought I'd say this - but I love my coffee in the AM and water the rest of the day.
    I actually take my water bottle to the movies with me now. NEVER - in a million years did I think I'd EVER do that!
    Congrats on 185.4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really enjoying your blog! So you're able to drink diet soda ok? I was under the impression that most people can't handle it with the band.My biggest band fear is having to give up my diet dr. pepper. As of yesterday I have not had any and its been ok but I know I would miss it if I couldn't ever have it. Are you able to drink it fizzy or do you have to let it go flat first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wondering if it could be the sodium in the soda?

    ReplyDelete