Monday, March 22, 2010

Marco Polo, Veggies, and Weird Dream

Heart attack hubbie has had a renewed interest in Mediterranean food since his "incident". I am now living my dream life... he is officially the perfect man. However, we spent the weekend eating ourselves around the world, figuratively. From Asian to Greek to Turkish to Italian and back. One theme throughout for me? Vegetables. I know from my blog, it sounds like I don't eat them, but just fyi I don't count them in my daily food list mostly because I don't count them as calories. BUT, the vegetables I ate this weekend, were definitely worth mentioning because they were so amazing and delicious. Grilled green beans w/ julienned carrots in szechuan sauce. Marinated artichoke hearts. Roasted garlic. Stuffed olive leaves. All to excess. I didn't even think twice about what I was eating. Probably should have because these veggies were not calorie free, but it was the weekend, and the food was divine.

Weird dream. I hope my family doesn't read this blog... because I'm about to share something very... embarrassing. The reason I'm sharing is because I'd like help interpreting this. My sisters and I love interpreting dreams... but, I'm having a difficult time with this one, and don't want to talk about this with anyone I have to see face to face. So, if you reply to this, do so delicately...

As I have mentioned two hundred and fifty two times, I'm planning on getting a panniculectomy. Last Friday, I talked with the bariatric nurse here at my company who approved my LapBand surgery, and it is clear that any kind of excess skin removal will not be covered by my insurance. I know that they have made exceptions (like for people who lost the weight without surgery... but that's another bitch session). Anyway, so Saturday night... I had this dream. I was in an exam room with my surgeon... and we... were having... "liasons". I don't think of him THAT way, at all. He's decent looking, dresses well, but that's not what "it" is about for me. Anyway, the "liasons" were mutually initiated, but at the end of my dream, I was very... aggressive. I know sex dreams aren't always about sex, but I don't know what this means. I'm pretty certain it has something to do with me wanting additional surgery. Beyond that, I don't know what it could mean. And, I need to figure it out, so I can look him in the eye again. Dear god in heaven.

Spontaneous:
After my Saturday night dream? I've got nothing.

Food:
Greek yogurt & honey, mint chocolate Zone bar, fish & rice, eating out downtown for dinner tonight. Happy Monday. Not. :)

5 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm going to need some recipes!!
    Insurance will not cover skin removal even if it's causing rashes and such? I've been wondering about that.
    Good luck figuring out that dream...I wonder what it means?
    Have a nice dinner out tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it means you are willing to get the surgery no matter the cost, even if it means liaisons with the doc. Or that is what your deepest "id" is saying. Actually I have no idea what it means, but that was my first thought.

    So glad to hear you eat veges. It is the one thing I am missing terribly and didn't think many actually ate. So glad to hear the truth. A week ago I was so happy to eat roasted asparagus with a bit of olive oil. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably means you feel vulenrable (sp?) or something.

    i still haven't gotten back into veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm I wouldn't have a clue - I must admit I am hopeless at interpreting dreams. For the Doc to have been the main 'attraction' though prob means you're willing to do anything to get what you want from him. Maybe?
    Good for you getting into the veggies. Not always easy with the band. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes.. at least your dreams have some good action in them.. mine just scare the crap out of me... Love the veggies.. where any of them grilled veggies they are my favorite.
    Loved your Vlog. I have to try that some day.. your voice goes along with your face.. which is a good thing!

    ReplyDelete