Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Red High Heels

First, thanks to Jen (Jen's Lap Band Journal) for the Stilletto Award nomination. I will abide by the rules sometime this week. I want to have time to gush over a few bloggers... bandsters whose posts I can't wait to read every single day... so please be patient with me!

Secondly, this award reminded me of when I was little. My Grandmother had a pair of red high heel pumps she would always let me wear. I fully planned on wearing them every single day of my life when I was a grown woman. Unfortunately, I outgrew them by the time I was about nine years old. But ONE day, I will wear red high heels every single day! And, bright red lipstick! And a navy dress with white polka dots! And red lipstick on the apples of my cheeks for blush! Yes, one day...

Thirdly, I've been procrastinating a post because I've wanted to report that I was 183. Well, I'm not. But maybe tomorrow. I did make my fill/surgical consult appointment for next Wednesday, April 7th. OH! And I'm going to a real black tie charity gala event on April 17th. This will be my very first one. One year ago, I would not have agreed to go... but THIS year... I'm excited. I'm excited to shop, to look good, and to meet people!

Spontaneous:
I'm sure there's something, but I can't think of it.

Food:
Greek yogurt & honey, mint chocolate Zone bar, lasagna. 700 calories, 35? grams protein. I do not know what's for dinner. Busy night. Therapy! More tomorrow...

6 comments:

  1. Why were our grandma's feet so small? Mine used to wear awesome shoes that I could wear when I was little too. She was only 5 feet tall though. And weighed less than 100 pounds when pregnant! I SO didn't get those genes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my - I loves me some red high heels with lipstick to match!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE red high heels - make you feel like a princess and kinda slutty at the same time! lol. (Ahh but not when you're only little..scrap that comment!!) Food is still going well too. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see pictures of you from the gala!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Can't wait to see photos of the Gala! Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog from Jen's....look forward to following you

    ReplyDelete