Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Popcorn & Poo

You've probably noticed, but I eat a lot of popcorn. A lot. You've also probably guessed why. Bulk. It's been mentioned on many blogs the problem that happens when we are eating significantly less food... well, you end up with chicken nuggets poo. Isn't that how it was phrased? So I eat popcorn to increase bulk, and voila- no more nugget poo. I feel really healthy when my system is regular. When my system is sluggish, I feel gross at best, and toxic at worst. There are lots of other reasons colon health is super important, but for me, it's all about how I feel.

I've come up with a list of the various things I do (or have done or have seriously considered doing) to maintain a healthy bathroom life:

*Popcorn, fruits & juice, veggies, bran
*Activia! (you have to sing it, not say it)
*130+ ounces of water everyday. I honestly drink at least that much.
*Exercise. Gets the whole system moving.
*Caffeine. Wow.
*OTC probiotics. The whole Phillips "colon health" principle.
*Sugar Free Halls Vitamin C drops. Does not require excessive consumption.
*OTC chemical laxatives. Not the best choice, but when all else fails...
*Colonics

I'd be interested to learn of any others, as this is an important subject to me.


Spontaneous:
Openly discussing poop.

Food:
Zone bar, Activia & cottage cheese, chicken enchiladas, popcorn. Notice anything in this list? ;)

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of the fiber benefits, but it makes sense.
    I can't say I do any of the other things though. Less volume doesn't bother me, I figure less in, less out.

    130 oz. of water? Holy Poo!! I'd be in the bathroom all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like taking Acidophilus (which is bascally what's in Activia, but in a capsule form, so no calories). I started taking it before banding, and I'm telling you...magic!

    ReplyDelete