Friday, March 5, 2010

Good Advice From My Mother

1) Always take gum that is offered to you because they might be trying to tell you something.

2) Never pass up a potty opportunity.

3) Happiness is the best revenge.

4) Always use a bright umbrella because rainy days are too dreary anyway.

That last one came in handy today. I have a great orange umbrella right now... and I felt like a sore thumb walking from the parking lot into my office building this morning. My umbrella was the only bright one... all the rest were shades of black. Boring and depressing. Everyone do some good in the world and go buy a bright umbrella! So I'm not the only one!

Moving on to a weight related issue... my new BFF today is 184.8! We're BFF's in a middle school sort of way, because I'm still best friends with my BFF from high school. And, right now I'm eyeing 183, and will totally break up with 184 the second 183 is interested in me. I won't even think twice.

Spontaneous:
I'm leaving work at 2pm today- and am very excited to get some more balance in my week, starting a little early. Tonight is BONCO. I hope I win the jackpot. I won for the worst player last time and I at least got my money back. Hope I'm luckier tonight!

Food:
Why didn't someone tell me about Fage greek yogurt with honey??? Simply HEAVEN in a cheap plastic container with a sealed foil lid. I'm eating that for breakfast today, and the rest of my food for the day is meaningless in comparison. I think I actually made a scene at work the first time I ate it. I am completely and madly in love. With yogurt. I am.

Happy (early for me!) Friday...

2 comments:

  1. Lovely words of advice from your mother. My mother always told me to 1) start with a clean kitchen, 2) clean as you go in the kitchen, and 3) wear clean and pretty underwear in case you're in an accident and have to go to the hospital. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of you getting excited about your yoghurt at work - I have a mental image :-)

    It's the everyday that brings the most joy!

    ReplyDelete