Thursday, March 4, 2010

A new Mii

Last night after dinner, out of the corner of my eye, I saw my five year old updating my Mii... making her THINNER! For those of you with Wii's, I was already in the middle of the fat slider (and just past the middle on the tall slider). We have not discussed my weight, much less my Mii. He did this on his own... even my five year old notices a difference in my appearence. That speaks volumes given his age and gender. So, I made the huge mistake of saying, "Wow Kris, thanks for making my Mii skinnier"... because he then promptly went back and made me the shortest and fattest he could!!! Arg!!! I love little boys, and he is truly the joy of my life.

Spontaneous:
This week has been weighing heavily on me at work. But, I have to say that despite all of the big, oh so important things I've accomplished... I'm fairly certain that by Monday morning, this will all be basically forgotten. Yes, the powers that be will have a vague memory that I kick ass at my job, but it will quickly become a distant memory to pretty much everyone involved. I've seen people literally kill themselves for their jobs, only to find out that when they quit from being too burned out, or retire, or for whatever reason are no longer doing the extremely important things they did... business resumes as normal on the next Monday morning. Unless it's a secretary- the place falls apart without someone keeping everything organized and all the details straight. Anyway, I've decided that by far, the most meaningful thing I've accomplished this week, was the lunch I had with my husband and his colleagues. My relationship with this fabulous group of people, especially Mr. Wonderful, will profoundly affect me on a daily basis, and for the rest of my life. I am so happy I made the decision to be spontaneous and take a couple of hours away from my "very important project" that in the scheme of life, was of no real consequence. The FUN is way more IMPORTANT.

Food:
Oatmeal, yogurt, Kashi caramel chocolate CRUNCH! bar, turkey/mashed potatoes/gravy, and popcorn. Seven hundred calories, if I can get to it all... I didn't get to the popcorn yesterday because my restriction is top notch, and I'm just not hungry. For that reason, I'm also not putting too much of an effort into counting my protein grams. I remain off the hootch, and am feeling terrific. "Have a day"... as my five year old used to say. Even I can accomplish just having a day...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, that is such a cute NSV!
    I really love that you were spontaneous and had that lunch with Mr. W & colleagues. I love that you are the type to realize how much more important and rewarding that is in comparison to doing a job. You made a memory that you will carry long after you've forgotten that specific project.
    Have a Day! (haha, love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you went to that lunch. I would have ditched due to shyness :/
    Oh, and little boys....too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I bet your Mii is rockin'

    ReplyDelete