Sunday, March 28, 2010

Flip Flops to the Met

Did you know that the Metropolitan Opera broadcasts live to movie theatres around the world? Mr. W and I got to wear t-shirts and flip flops to see HAMLET on Saturday. Very fun, couldn't have afforded a better view if we were actually there, and for $22... super cheap chic. And, it was en francais, so hubby was doubly happy. I had a couple of NSV's while there... first, I ran up (I said RAN UP) all the stairs in the theatre... secondly, I wasn't interested in the popcorn and candy. It's a good time of the month for me, and everyone knows if I want something, I'll eat it. I honestly wasn't interested. This natural non-snacky phenomenon will be nice for the next couple of weeks.

Scale is the same. 184. However, my jeans and work pants are falling off my skinny ass. I can wear my size 12 jeans, but I'm not comfortable in them. My 14's are embarrassingly baggy. I don't know why I haven't bought new work pants, but I did buy some cute tops over the weekend. I'm so used to switching things up with tops, jewelry and shoes... because pants have always been a trickier fit for me. I can never buy pants cheap because fit is more critical than price. Sigh. This brings me to my need for surgery... I will be making my appointment this week.

Spontaneous:
I chose to take off on Friday, and am choosing to just do what I can this week to catch up at work. No worry, no stress.

Food:
Lots of nibbles. Not too many calories. The next two weeks or so give me a little hormonal (non-pms) break from obsessing about food.

I've caught up on lots of blogs today. I'm a bad commenter, but an avid reader... love you all, and love all your blogs!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! And you can casually mention that over the weekend you went to the weekend.
    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 184 is a great number to have reached. No wonder you have saggy ass pants!

    The weekend sounds heaps of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 184 - yay for you - GO SHOPPING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby and I totally went to see Hamlet at the Met at the movies!! I wore flip-flops too!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete