Tuesday, January 19, 2010

****Crappy Birthday****

No, NOT really! Somewhere along the line, my sisters and I started the "crappy birthday" tradition, and it stuck. Thanks for all the well wishes from my band friends! I AM FINALLY 40! It's been good so far... good presents... and my husband IS planning a party for me on the 30th AND, AND... has hired the fireman I wanted for it! He couldn't keep it a secret because he said I'd end up finding out about it anyway, and he just wanted everything to be perfect. He's planning the whole thing- invitations, food, cake, drinks. This is definitely not his genre, but it makes me feel so good that he's doing this out of love for me. He seems genuinely excited to be doing this. He already bought me some presents from a "boutique" for our trip last weekend (here it is... huh huh huh). And some Bath & Body Works, which I love. And this was so sweet, because my daughter bought me the jean jacket I wanted for the concert I'm going to in February. I wasn't expecting her to do that. My son called me last night to tell me he got his H1N1 shot yesterday to honor me (I worked public health for a long time, so yes, that actually meant something to me). So far, so good. I'm extremely happy to be at this point in my life.

On the food front- I asked my daughter to please, as a birthday gift to me, to not make any cake. Is that rude of me? I don't think I could control myself... F.R.O.S.T.I.N.G!!! Oh! My! I don't want to feel bad about myself, or guilty over food on my birthday. I will eat cake at my party, but I don't think it would be a wise idea to have too many sweets to tempt me. Is this completely warped of me to ask for?

I have my fill appointment for this Thursday. Enough said?

Spontaneous:
I dunno. Nothing yet that I can think of. But, it's still early in the day. And, I could get away with alot today, if I wanted to!!!

Food:
I decided I'd feel better and be happier if I stuck to a food plan today. So I'm having oatmeal, yogurt, ham slices, pepper jack cheese, meatloaf & mashed potatoes, popcorn. 46 grams protein, 700 calories. I don't know what tonight will bring, but if it isn't obvious, I'm trying really hard not to use my birthday as an excuse to eat poorly. That's a good gift to myself, right? Yeah, probably the best.

4 comments:

  1. You will do great food wise. You are really on top of this! Have a Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's horrible not to ask for a cake? Maybe she could do a 'one off' special cup cake instead. Then you only have a weenie bit of everything.
    Sounds like you had a great birthday. And your guy? Organising all that for you? I'm super impressed - not many men have that in them. What a man!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday - you're looking great at 40. I can't wait to hear party details - firemen!?!Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby hired a fireman? How the hell did I miss that? I must have read the post on my blackberry

    Good Hubby!!!

    ReplyDelete