Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Road to HELL

The road to hell is paved with good food choice intentions. No, wait... The road to hell is paved with warm brownies, smothered in slightly melting ice cream, drenched in chocolate syrup, enveloped by real whipped cream, all of course, with a cherry on top. Oh, and it's delivered by your size 8, "I'm so fat because I just had my third baby" sister, whose darling oldest daughter is selling girl scout cookies, and what kind of an aunt would you be if you didn't order alot of them? Um, can I catch a break here??? I should have just agreed to the f-ing birthday cake! She did bring me more Bath and Body Works, so I might forgive her sadistic brownies.

Yesterday, I wanted to respond to alot of people, but couldn't. I don't know if it was the site, or my connection or what. So, "Hi!" to Barbara, Cara, Debi, Linda, Nessa, Jen from Oregon, and Sandy Lee. I really appreciate your comments, advice, encouragement and friendship. I feel so blessed by the friends I have in my life. Especially my band buddies, who understand me in a way few, if any, other people "get" me. And I'm feeling blessed about the friends I've had for along time. My husband has an entire group of my friends (and a couple of sisters) flying in from Baltimore for my birthday party. They agreed on the spot. That feeling is indescribable for me, but I know MANY of you know exactly what I'm talking about. This being forty thing is even better than I thought it would be, and I thought it would be freaking amazing.

Spontaneous:
Nothing is popping into my head. And, I don't have time to sit here all day... :)

Food:
Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, zone bar, sweet & spicy tuna (yum), popcorn. 66!! grams of protein, 700 calories. NO brownies, ice cream, chocolate syrup, or whipped cream. I swear if that ice cream is even a temptation for me tonight, I am melting it all down the kitchen sink drain. Immediately. My upped protein will hopefully do the trick for me today, and my third fill is tommorow. I really need help with this last third of my weight loss.

2 comments:

  1. Hope the fill goes smoothly tomorrow :)
    I'm going to need to start eating a protein packed meal before going through these posts! Between cupcakes and brownies and m&ms ....aaagggghh

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEK! Hard going to have a size 8 sister who just doesn't get it. Good think you have us!! We will always 'get it' .. we are all living the dream, baby!! Great food choices by the way!

    ReplyDelete